Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Perfect Day

So I wasn't really planning on doing a birthday post, BUT my husband made it such a perfect day for me that I had to share the details. :)

We had church this morning, and as an added bonus I got to pick out several of the songs and play piano for the service. I went early to rehearse, and when Zach and Charis arrived, they came bearing the following gifts:

Roses and a Happy Birthday balloon
After church we came home, and I asked what the lunch plan was (since he had already told me he had one). To my complete shock and delight, Zach announced he would be cooking lunch for us!! (Let's just say this is a first in our relationship! The kitchen is generally not his favorite place to be. :) A delicious lunch of macaroni and cheese followed, and I have to say I was quite impressed. It was delicious!

We opened presents after lunch, went to the park to take a walk with the little one, and then came home for family nap time (hello Sunday afternoon). Later, we ate at my favorite pizza place for dinner and grabbed some cheap McDonalds ice cream comes for dessert. Can we say perfect??

Thank you, my love, for making this day absolutely perfect. We needed it. ;) I love you!

1 comment: