Friday, April 1, 2011

A Few Tidbits

We have had a busy week here and haven't had a chance to update the blog, so here are some random tidbits from our week (in no particular order).

1. Charis and I visited the Garden Tomb for the first time... it's a beautiful, serene place.


2. I gave Zach a haircut with nothing but a pair of scissors -- a definite first for me! It probably doesn't look like a professional did it, but I made it work... and he was quite the trooper for letting me experiment on him. :)

3. We've spent quite a bit of time with our friend Brian and his parents who are visiting this week.  Pictures to come soon.

4. As of about 30 minutes ago, Charis started scooting on her belly! She has never liked being on her tummy, and we figured she might skip the scooting/crawling phase and go straight to walking.  She proved us wrong tonight, though; a cord was a few feet in front of her, and she made it all the way there.  Go, baby, go!

5. I get to play piano on Sunday at our church, and I am thrilled! I have missed playing so much, and there was an open opportunity for someone to play every other Sunday.  I happily stepped up!

6. It is absolutely gorgeous here -- spring has arrived! We have spent quite a bit of time at the huge park near our house, and Charis loves playing in the grass. 







Shabbat Shalom!




2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your posts. Charis is a doll! Can't believe how grown up she is already! She'll be walking before you know it, and your life will never be the same, in a good way. Take care...
    Nancy P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kels! Charis is getting so big! Time really does fly, doesn't it? I'm sooo glad that you'll be playing piano. I know I miss your playing so much. Hope all is well!

    love,
    dom

    ReplyDelete