Friday, April 8, 2011

Answered Prayer

If you've been reading our blog for any amount of time, you might remember that we posted a few prayer requests on March 3. (Go here if you missed it). Can I just say that God has been faithful to answer each and every one of those in some way? We have been blessed. So here's the update:

1. A piano/place to teach lessons: While I haven't started teaching lessons yet, a new friend from our church had an extra little keyboard that she didn't often use, and she graciously lent it to me for the time being. I've also gone back and forth about whether to start up lessons at all yet since we will probably have to move apartments in August.  Since I don't know exactly where we'll be, I don't want to have to get a whole new group of students once we move.  Another huge "piano" praise is that I get to play piano at our church every other Sunday. I am really excited about plugging in there!

2. Employment: As of about a week ago, I have a job that I am quite excited about.  I am working for a sermon transcription company that is based out of the States, and I am training to become the proofreader for the company (while currently doing overflow transcription work).  I've really enjoyed it so far, especially because I get to listen to some pretty meaningful sermons while I work, and I can work on my own schedule.

3. Church: I think we've officially plugged into a church here called Jerusalem Baptist Church.  The people there have really embraced us and welcomed us into their community, and it's been nice to start feeling like we have a church family again (although we really miss our Wellspring family!)

4. As I said in an earlier post, we got our student visas a few weeks ago without too much drama.

5. We still love each other very, very much. :)

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

1 comment: