Friday, February 11, 2011

Finally... a Home

Zach, Charis, and I moved from Oregon on December 17, 2010, so it has now almost been a full two months since we were in our last "home" in Roseburg.  In the meantime, we have traveled feverishly all over the eastern half of the United States, spending our time in seven different states and not staying at any locale for more than about a week.  Then, once you factor in two long plane rides across the world and two different lodgings here in Israel (a hostel and a nice apartment of a friend), it is safe to say that we were more than ready to settle down! Interestingly, I could even see this desire in Charis -- after being in a new place for a few days, she would usually grow calmer and more at ease, but unfortunately we would end up going somewhere new right as she would start to adjust.  Not only that, but she has also become quite a bit "clingier" to Zach and I -- a fact that I attribute both to her age and to the fact that we, truly, have been the only stability in her life over these past two months (and, of course, because she just really loves us :).  

Needless to say, then, I'm not sure I've ever felt so grateful for a (semi)-permanent home, and this place was certainly worth the wait.  It is beautiful, clean, simple, and in a perfect location.  And it is just beginning to settle in for me that we now live in Jerusalem, the same place where David, and Solomon, and Absalom lived; where Jesus came and died and was buried; and where Christianity, Judaism, and Islam now intersect in a tangle of historic events and holy sites.  We are simply grateful for the opportunity to be here for this season of life and to soak in every aspect of this fascinating city.

And, now, some pictures:

A place to store books (notice the left and the right)
A place to cook
Charis is enjoying it (and trying so hard to crawl!)

A place to sleep

A place to study and eat


Let me know if you want our address. . . mail is always welcome :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey,

    I would love your address, if you wouldn't mind receiving mail?! I've enjoyed reading your new blog, I was specifically blessed by Zach's latest post regarding "The Holy Spirit." What an awesome thing that your family is able to live where our Savior lived! I can only imagaine that you will have so many amazing experiences while you are there. Are you anywhere near Shane and Sarah Scott (do you remember them from Gospel Choir?) I know they live in Jerusalem as well. I hope you are doing well, you and your family are always in my prayers.

    Love Always,

    Crystal (roomie man)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and wonderful in every way! i want your address! i love sending mail!! can you message me on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad she can finally settle in to a place called home! And so glad you two can finally relax and get to know your new homeland. Can't wait to come see your lovely abode!

    ReplyDelete