Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mimi Comes to Town

Mimi (my mom) was here for the last week, and we were able to get some fun pictures of her time here. (Side note: I so wish I had pictures to share of when Zach's family came a few weeks ago, but my camera is still broken...maybe sometime soon!)

The view from Zach's school (Hebrew University)

Climbing stairs.... one of Charis' favorite activities


This child always has dirty knees... and a big smile on her face

Climbing the Mount of Olives

Beautiful Jerusalem


Church of Dominus Flevit (where Jesus wept over the city)


I only include this picture above because it reminds me of a funny story. Mom, Charis, and I went up to the Western Wall to pray together, and when I opened my eyes I looked down to discover that Charis had a fistful of something. What did she have, you may ask? Oh, just a handful of prayers she had taken from the crevices of the Western Wall. Oops... at least God has already heard all of them!

3 generations

Zach and one of his favorite places on earth
Who doesn't allow flowers??? The Church of All Nations doesn't, apparently. :)
We loved having you here, Mom!

3 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! Looks like a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it, too!!! Every minute!
    Love you three so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are wonderful! Charis cracks me up! And it is really fun to see the photos and recognize the places now...so glad you all had a great week.

    ReplyDelete